Technical Support Analyst (Night Shift) - Calgary, AB
Pason is an industry-leading service provider of proprietary instrumentation and data technologies for the onshore and offshore drilling industry in North and South America, and we are expanding our operations internationally. We thrive on identifying challenges at the wellsite, and then developing unique solutions for our customers. We have created an energized, focused, and relaxed work environment that empowers each team member to push the envelope of traditional thinking to create new solutions to old problems. We place considerable focus on a culture that nurtures imagination in an atmosphere where people are free to perform to their fullest potential in an open and friendly environment.
Pason’s Technical Support team is the first group called by Pason’s field technicians and external customers when there is an issue with a Pason product on a rig, and the team is critical to the smooth functioning of Pason operations. The group takes an average 300 calls per day, and identify, investigate, diagnose, and solve technical issues for our clients. When necessary, we escalate issues to the appropriate development team within Pason. This requires working in conjunction with a wide variety of departments, and technical knowledge of Pason’s product and oilfield solutions. The approximately 20 Technical Support Analysts at Pason focus on providing exceptional customer service for both external and internal customers, creating and maintaining positive customer relations, and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to provide technical, software and hardware support in a 24/7 service desk environment.The successful candidate will utilize their strong communication, analytical and critical thinking skills to assist our clients in trouble shooting and resolving issues during deployment and ongoing use of Pason products & services. The role requires an individual who is committed to working through complex problems with a high level accuracy and with a focus on providing exceptional customer service. This position will support over 200+ Pason field technicians and diverse client base. The shift covers the hours between 10 pm and 6 am, starting Sunday at 10 pm and ending Friday morning at 6 am.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide in depth support to Pason clients requiring assistance with Pason products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex software, hardware and technical issues for clients
- Identify and escalate situations requiring a field technician when necessary
- Collaborate with development staff to recreate problems in test environment
- Remote trouble shooting using variety of different software tools
- Log all help desk interactions with clients and field technicians
- Track issues to resolution and update Pason’s knowledge base
- Stay current with Pason’s products and software changes and updates
- Actively contribute to on-going process improvement
Essential job requirements
A post-secondary diploma/certificate in Information Technology or equivalent would be considered an asset.
Experience with oilfield drilling, Windows 2K/NT/XP, Linux, real-time data acquisition and networking would also be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to identify, isolate and communicate problems from and to all levels of users
- Dedicated commitment to customer success
- The ability to work well under pressure, in a stressful environment
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
Working at Pason
Pason promotes a healthy lifestyle within and outside the workplace. Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive base salary compensation, discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefit program
- Access to on–site amenities such as fitness and workout rooms; pilates and yoga classes
- Foosball, ping-pong, and an outdoor ball hockey area
- Summer barbeques and other Pason-sponsored social / community activities held throughout the year
Return to Canada Opportunities